Do you have an idea for a panel, workshop, or event you’d like to run at Cos & Effect 2013? If so, we want to hear it! Below you’ll find all the information on what rooms are open for programming, and what equipment will be available in each one. Please note that due to the volume of requests, submitting this form will not guarantee your programming will be approved. Requests will be responded to once final decisions have been made (Starting July 1st), or if we have any questions about your programming submission.
General Programming Terms and Rules:
- We have 3 ratings for our programming: All Ages; PG-13; and 19+, We will check ID for all 19+ content programming.
- Please ensure that your content stays consistent with the rating you select on your submission for your programming.
- Programming can be 30mins, 60mins, or 90mins in length, with an additional 15mins for setup and 15mins for tear down. If you need additional time, please note it under “Special Requests”.
- You will be expected to arrive 15mins ahead of your panel start time.
- After July 22nd 2013, no further changes or modifications to your programming will be accepted.
- Each room has specific equipment installed in it for your use, if you need something in addition to the supplied equipment, you will need to supply it yourself.
- If you use equipment with non-standard ports (I.E. Apple products such as iPads, or MacBooks) you will need to supply your own adapters.
- If you need to hook up your own supplied equipment to our sound systems or projectors, please note what kind of port(s) you have under “Special Requests” so we can secure proper cabling for your programming.
- You must be at least 18 years old to host programming at Cos & Effect, or 19+ to host programming in the Pit Pub, or of a 19+ rating.
- Priority will be given to programming that relates to the core themes of Costumes, Cosplay, and Alternative fashion, including makeup, performance, and crafting / prop design.
Programming hosts must purchase Cos & Effect passes ahead of time, and will be reimbursed for their passes based on the programming work provided at-con. For each hour of programming provided, you will be reimbursed $10, up to the cost of your pass. Each panel may count towards up to 2 hosts’ pass reimbursements. Failure to run programming you have committed to will result in the forfeiture of any reimbursements for your pass(es). Please allow 2-3 weeks after Cos & Effect 2013 for reimbursements to be processed.
Programming Room Breakdown:
Capacity: 600 People
Equipment: Stage, Catwalk, Sound, 6 Microphones, Projector & Screen, Computer, 2 Tables.
Usage: Intended for the largest draw events.
Capacity: 160 People
Equipment: Risers, Sound, 2 Microphones, Projector & Screen, 2 Tables.
Usage: Intended for Discussions, Q&A’s, Fan Panels, Etc.
Capacity: 75 People
Equipment: Risers, Sound, 2 Microphones, Projector & Screen, 12 Tables.
Usage: Intended for hands on workshops, crafting contests, sewing lounge activities, and small panels.
Capacity: 250 People
Equipment: Risers, Sound, 2 Microphones, Projector & Screen, 12 Tables, 4 XBox 360 Setups, Catering available upon request.
Usage: Intended for community and fandom organized parties and photoshoots. Indoor and outdoor spaces available for use. Liquor licensing and full catering available upon request.
Console Gaming Room
Capacity: 24 People
Equipment: 4 XBox 360 Setups, 4 PS3 Setups, 4 Wii Setups, 1 WiiU Setup.
Usage: Modern console gaming tournaments.
Main Events 2
Capacity: 400 People
Equipment: Stage, Sound, 4 Microphones, Projector & Screen, Computer, 2 Tables.
Usage: Intended for large draw events.
Capacity: 75 People
Equipment: Raised Stage Area, Sound, 3 Microphones, Board Game Library.
Usage: Intended for 19+ panels, improv, and adult themed tabletop gaming tournaments.
The Pit Pub
Equipment: Centre Stage, Sound, 2 Microphones, Retro Gaming Console Setups.
Usage: Intended for 19+ events, Karaoke, Retro Gaming Tournaments, and themed dances.
Also in this section